Start a new tradition this Thanksgiving and let one of these great restaurants treat you to a feast.
- 240° West at The Abbey Resort, Fontana – The Thanksgiving buffet runs from 10 am – 5 pm. Check out the menu.
- Grand Geneva Resort, Lake Geneva – There are 5 options for dining at Grand Geneva this year:
- Geneva ChopHouse Thanksgiving Brunch from 10 am – 3 pm. Check out the menu.
- Grand Ballroom Thanksgiving Buffet from 1 am – 4 pm. Check out the menu.
- Grand Cafe Breakfast Buffet from 6:30 am – 1 pm. Check out the menu.
- Grand Cafe Thanksgiving Buffet from 4 – 9 pm. Check out the menu.
- Ristorante Brissago Thanksgiving Dinner from 5:30 – 9 pm. Check out the menu.
- Crafted Americana at The Ridge Hotel, Lake Geneva – The Thanksgiving Buffet runs from 11 am – 6 pm. Check out the menu.
- The Geneva Inn, Lake Geneva – The Thanksgiving Buffet runs from 11 am – 3:30 pm. Check out the menu.
- Frontier Restaurant at Lake Lawn Resort, Delavan – The Thanksgiving Feast Buffet runs from 11 am – 7 pm. Check out the menu.
- Hunt Club Steakhouse, Lake Geneva – The Thanksgiving Dinner runs from 12 – 8 pm. Check out the menu.
Happy feasting and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends & family!
Charlie Brown may have found THE Great Pumpkin, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to find your perfect pick of the patch this autumn. The Lake Geneva area is home to multiple farms where you can pick your own pumpkin, or choose your favorite from available pre-picked pumpkins. Many of the area patches are already open and ready for pumpkin season, with just a couple of the pick-your-own patches opening October 1st.
Here are a few quick pumpkin patch links:
Apple Barn Orchard & Winery
Pearce’s Farm Stand
Pesche’s Greenhouse & Gift Barn
Royal Oak Farm Orchard (Pick-Your-Own begins October 1st)
The Elegant Farmer (Pick-Your-Own begins October 1st)
For more fall fun in the Lake Geneva area, please go to VisitWalworthCounty.com.
Summer is quickly coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Walworth County offers a wide variety of fall-themed activities that deliver everything from apple and pumpkin picking to fall festivals to scenic tours on land, in the air, or on the water. Whether you’re looking for a family day out or a unique date for just the two of you, the Lake Geneva area has fall fun for everyone.
To find additional information on these activities and more, please go to www.visitwalworthcounty.com or call 800-395-8687.
Autumn hasn’t quite arrived yet, but it is definitely in the air around Walworth County. There are many fun fall activities around the Lake Geneva area throughout the season, and apple picking is generally one of the first, early fall activities each year. With so many local orchards to choose from, you’re certain to find exactly what you’re looking for. Whether you want a day of family fun, or simply want to go browse local apple varieties, there’s an orchard in the area for you. Here’s a quick reference to the Pick-Your-Own and Pre-Picked orchards in the county.
Follow these quick links for additional information on each orchard:
Apple Barn Orchard & Winery
W6384 Sugar Creek Road, Elkhorn
Little Miss Sweet Pea
431 E. Geneva Street, Elkhorn
Pearce’s Farm Stand
W5740 N. Walworth Road, Walworth
Quednow’s Heirloom Apple Orchard
W5098 County Road ES, Abell’s Corners/Elkhorn
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
15908 Hebron Road, Harvard
The Elegant Farmer
1545 Main Street, Mukwonago
Get ready kiddies…we’re into October, and that means that Halloween is just around the corner! Every year, we put together a list of all of the Walworth County community trick or treat times – and this year, we’ve delivering earlier than ever. You can also find the times (and details) on our Events Calendar. Many communities also host Halloween parties for the kids – check it all out here:
Remember to practice safe trick or treat habits; here’s a few tips:
- Trick or treat in groups – preferably with an adult
- Look both ways before crossing any street – and walk from house to house..don’t run
- Bring a flashlight, especially if your community is hosting an evening trick or treat time
- Examine all treats/candy for choking hazards, suspicious wrapping, or tampering before eating them
- Many communities ask the residents who are participating in trick or treating to turn their porch light on. This will help you know which houses to go to and which to avoid!
For more tips, click here.
For other fun Halloween activities in the Lake Geneva area, check out our 31 Days of Halloween post and on Facebook! If you’re looking for the area haunts, click here. Happy Halloween!
Happy October everyone! Here at the Walworth County Visitors Bureau, we just LOVE fall (in case you couldn’t tell already) – especially Halloween. Lucky for us, our beautiful area is full of Halloween activities…everything from adult wine parties and spooky haunts to kids’ celebrations and pumpkin races. For all events & details, visit our Events Calendar.
Continue reading “31 Days of Halloween 2015”
Wow – there is a lot to do this weekend! Whether you want to get out of the house with your kids, enjoy typical fall activities, explore local farmers markets, or listen to live music…there’s plenty for you to choose from. We’ve pulled just a “few” of the area events – for the full list of events, visit our Events Calendar. Now get out there & have a great weekend!
If you’re looking for kid-friendly…
If you’re into antiques…
If you’re looking for classic fall fun…
Looking for more fall fun? Check out our website, updated daily with new events & activities happening throughout Walworth County.