Hip-hip hooray, spring break is on its way! If you’re planning a visit to the Lake Geneva area and don’t want to break the bank, check out this handy list of the top-ten activities for spring breakers to enjoy all for under $15.
1. Go Trout Fishing: Nestled inside the Kettle Moraine State Forest, Rushing Waters Trout Farm offers year round trout fishing experiences! Their beautiful 80-acre farm features crystal clear ponds full of rainbow trout! Bring the entire family for a fun and relaxing day of fishing. No entrance fee or fishing license required, however your catch can be purchased at $9.50/lb–Cost: Free
2. Ride the Electric Rails in East Troy: Step into the past and climb aboard southeastern Wisconsin’s oldest electric railway at the East Troy Railroad Museum. Hop on at the depot or at the Elegant Farmer and take a ride to Lauber’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor to enjoy a classic banana split–Cost: $15 for Adults $9.50 for Children
3. Take a Dip: While it might still be a little too chilly to swim in the lake, it is never too cold to dive in on the fun at the Whitewater Aquatic Center. Complete with an indoor waterpark with slides, spouts, and springs, your kiddos will love splashing around–Cost: $8 for Residents $10 for Non-Residents
4. Get Outdoors with Disc Golf: Explore the outdoors in a totally different way by playing a game of disc golf. Grab your frisbees and go explore the banks of the White River while enjoying an afternoon of fun--Cost: Free
5. Check Out a Local Festival: If you’re in town March 21-22, be sure to check out the Delavan Train Show! See exciting layouts and operate model trains right in the heart of historic Downtown Delavan. Whether you’re just plain curious or a serious hobbyist, this is a show you will not want to miss–Cost: Free
6. Sample Artisanal Delights: Traveling without little ones? Head over to Northleaf Winery to sample some of the best wines Wisconsin has to offer. Join in on fun tastings and pairings of chocolates and cheeses–Cost: Wine Tasting: $5, Chocolate Pairing: $12, Cheese Pairing: $15
7. Step Into History: From main street to mobsters, explore the rich history of Lake Geneva at the Geneva Lake Museum. Enjoy exhibits featuring log cabins with Potowatami artifacts and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hotel Geneva–Cost: $9 adults, Children are Free
8. Admire Regional Art: If galleries are your thing, you are in luck! Take in a variety of pieces from local artists at Gallery 223 in Downtown Lake Geneva. The gallery is constantly changing and always features something new and exciting from community artists–Cost: Free
9. Get Your Game On: Ready for some healthy competition? Play a game of laser tag at Lake Lawn Resort! Play against your family, your friends, or even other guests– Cost: $10 per game per person
10. Say Cheese (and Eat it Too): After all these activities your stomachs might be grumbling. Eat like the locals and grab a bite to eat at The Cheese Box! Enjoy fan favorite sandwiches, soups, and sides while learning all about cheese from the experts! You’ll have a gouda time–Cost: $9.99 and under
For more spring break ideas and customized travel itineraries, visit our website! Happy planning.