While events have been postponed, schools closed, and local hot spots gone dormant, we are all finding ourselves #SaferAtHome. Although staying inside to distance yourself from others to help “flatten the curve” is the best idea right now, it might be leading to some boredom and stir craziness. What is there to do while stuck at home? We’ve come up with this list of 10 suggestions to help make your time quarantined as interesting—and perhaps productive—as possible:
1. Leave Inspiring Messages: The world could use a little kindness right now, and kindness is contagious! Whether its an online comment on your favorite boutique’s Facebook page or a colorful chalk doodle on the sidewalk of your neighborhood, leaving a nice note to someone will brighten anyone’s day. Pass kindness not germs!
2. Try Something New in the Kitchen: With all this time at home, now is the perfect time to play around in the kitchen and try something new. Check out some fun and flavorful recipes from Lake Geneva Country Meats. And speaking of LGCM, order your groceries and have them delivered curbside by calling ahead.
3. Utilize Library Resources: As always, libraries are an amazing resource for everyone in their community. The Aram Public Library hosts digital programing daily for all ages. With toddler dance parties, teen read-alongs, and adult DIY’s there is something for everyone. And don’t forget, you can always check out e-books using the Wisconsin Digital Library with your local library card.
4. Enjoy the Great Outdoors: The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources recently announced that State Parks and Trails will remain open to the public. Lace up your hiking boots and get outside. Nothing beats cabin fever like a walk in the park. Just be sure to remain mindful of others and continue to practice your social distancing.
5. Have a Date-Night-In: There is no stopping date night! Order takeout from your favorite restaurant and pick up a nice bottle of wine from Staller Estate Winery or Studio Winery (curbside, of course) for a relaxed night in with your sweetheart.
6. Enjoy Streaming Activities: We may not be able to go to the concert hall and enjoy an enchanting performance by the Lake Geneva Symphony Orchestra, we can always enjoy them from the comfort of our homes online. Stream previous performances by the LGSO on their YouTube Channel and fill your home with song.
7. Pretend You’re On Vacation: By now you’re probably dreaming of your summer getaway to the lake. Change up your scenery and pretend you’re sitting on the breezy lakeside patio with the Geneva Lake LiveCam at the Abbey Resort. With coverage from sun-up to sun-down, the picturesque west end of the lake will bring a familiar warmth to your living room.
8. Go Disc Golfing: Love to golf, but still want to be out on the greens? Visit one of our county’s disc golf courses. The game is played the exact same way but with a frisbee instead of clubs and a ball. Get outside and get disc-golfing.
9. Get in Touch With Your Creative Side: With some extra time on your hands, now is the best time to pick up a new artistic hobby! Dig out your markers, scissors, glitter glue, and paint and get crafting. If you need a little inspiration, A Glass of Art & More is offering wonderful digital tutorials, craft ideas, and complete project kits for purchase on their Facebook page. We can’t wait to see what you’ll make.
10. Plan Your Next Vacation: While we may not know when things will settle back into place, starting to plan your next vacation can be a stress-relieving escape. Get excited about the places to explore, restaurants to try, and attractions to visit. Use our hand itinerary planner to help keep things organized.
We hope these ideas keep you healthy, safe, and entertained as we stay #SaferAtHome. What activities are you leaning on during this time? Share with us in the comments below!