Have you ever wondered what a whale would look like soaring high above the ice? Or how a giant squid would billow in the wind? Or what about the kaleidoscope of color that would whirl above your head when hundreds of kites are flown together? Let your imagination soar as the 7th Annual Sky Circus on Ice comes to life over Lake Delavan February 14th-16th, 2020.
You’re invited to witness some of the greatest kite performers in the world bring the sky to life against the backdrop of the wintry ice at Lake Lawn Resort. The weekend spectacle features teams from across the U.S. and Canada each boasting ginormous streaming kites, some measuring over 80-feet in length.
The festivities begin Friday evening and include snow and ice sculptures throughout Downtown Delavan as well as the gargantuan Blizzard Run Snow Slide. Saturday and Sunday are packed as tight as a snowball with activities for the whole family to enjoy including:
- Professional snow carving classes Saturday and Sunday from 1:30pm-3:00pm.
- All-Ages Kite Making Workshop in the Lake Lawn room at Lake Lawn Resort ongoing 10:00am-4:00pm for a fee.
- Arial Candy Drop sponsored by Andes Candies during the Saturday and Sunday afternoon performances.
- Kite Flying Lessons and other outdoor kite activities.
- The Grand Kite Launch sponsored by Gift of Wings both Saturday and Sunday.
- Indoor and Outdoor Kite Performances ongoing from 12:00pm-5:00 daily.
- Kids Mad Dash sponsored by Lake Geneva Country Meats where the first kids to register will receive a free kite.
- Daily performances by Connor Doran from NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” all three days.
- Escape the cold to a tropical paradise at Saturday’s TropRock concert featuring Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band at 8pm.
- And so much more!
Between performances, you’ll have the opportunity to learn expert tips straight from the pros as you pilot your own kite in the winter winds.
If the outdoors are a little too brisk for your liking, bonfire pits and hot concessions will be available to keep you warm both inside and out. Additionally, the long windowed hallways inside of the resort provide a spectacular vantage point of the performances while keeping you nice and toasty indoors.
Event admission and performances are free and open to the public. Parking will be available at Lake Lawn Resort, the Lake Lawn Airport, and Downtown Delavan as well with a complimentary trolley running both Saturday and Sunday. Trolleys will make stops at:
- Lake Lawn Resort
- Super 8
- Downtown Delavan
- Comfort Inn and Suites.
So join us as we turn our eyes to the skies and celebrate Sky Circus on Ice with us here in Delavan. We cannot wait to see you there. For more information please visit visitdelavan.com.