Happy October everyone! Here at the Walworth County Visitors Bureau, we just LOVE fall (in case you couldn’t tell already) – especially Halloween. Lucky for us, our beautiful area is full of Halloween activities…everything from adult wine parties and spooky haunts to kids’ celebrations and pumpkin races. For all events & details, visit our Events Calendar.
- Book a campsite at Jellystone Park of Fort Atkinson for their Halloween Weekends (Oct 2-4, 9-11).
Enjoy fall activities, a pumpkin patch, campground trick or treating, site decorating and more!
- Register for Aram Public Library’s Adult Craft Night, featuring a fun pumpkin craft (Oct 5).
The staff will show you how to use mason jar ring lids, Washi tape, and cinnamon sticks to create a unique autumn decoration.
- Embrace Victorian heritage and death customs at Black Point’s “Angels Carried Them Away” (Oct 3, 10, 17).
This program includes a narrated boat tour, a presentation on Victorian funeral & mourning customs, plus a first-floor house tour.
- Join Black Point Estate this week for a visit with Milwaukee Mayhem author Matthew Prigge (Oct 8-9).
Mr. Prigge will share stories of the rarely told history of the dark side of Milwaukee – everything from murder and matchstick men to all-consuming fires, painted women, and Great Lakes disasters.
- Get your tickets now for Old World Wisconsin’s Halloween dinner theater (select dates, Oct 16 – Nov 1).
Watch classic Edgar Allan Poe stories, such as The Raven, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendulum, and The Tell-Tale Heart, come to life on stage at Old World Wisconsin.
- Sign up now for the Miles for SMILES 5K Run/Walk with Trick or Treat Trail – costumes encouraged (Oct 24).
Run – or walk – for a great cause on October 24 during the Miles for SMILES event, featuring post-event entertainment and a trick-or-treat trail during the run.
- Ghost stories and fairy tales await you at Old World Wisconsin Halloween Legends & Lore (Oct 17, 24, 31).
This annual spooky event features folk tales, ghost stories & fairy tales from Wisconsin’s past. Your family will love the riddles, puzzles, mazes, and costumed characters during this special event.
- Reserve your seat at Studio Winery’s special Halloween Corks & Canvas Night (Oct 30).
Join Studio Winery on Friday evening for a special blacklight corks & canvas event.
- Visit one of the local haunts – see our blog for full details (Oct weekends).
Our area has so many great haunts – you may need every weekend in October to see them all!
- Watch the Singing Pumpkins performance in Edgewater Park on Friday & Saturday nights (Oct 2 – 31).
Every Friday & Saturday night starting at 6 pm, guests are encouraged to visit Edgewater Park for this animated light show featuring popular Halloween songs.
- Investigate paranormal phenomenon with Badger Community Education during their workshop (Oct 30).
Open the door to the spirit world and learn how to be a professional, safe and effective paranormal investigator at this supernatural workshop.
- Sign up for Y Drive Limousine’s Haunted House Tour, featuring multiple haunts (Oct 23).
Y Drive will take you on a Triangle of Terror during this haunted house tour on Friday night.
- Get your tickets now for the Lakeland Player’s adults-only Rocky Horror Show (Oct 23-24, 30-31).
Join Lakeland Players at the Walworth County Performing Arts Center for this classic show; prop bags will be available for $5 at the theater.
- Save the date – the town of Delavan Halloween Party is coming up next weekend (Oct 25).
The festivities include a hayride, magicians, games, costume contest, snacks & candy, and face painting!
- Hike your way through Bong State Recreation Area during the Eco-Halloween Hike this Saturday (Oct 17).
This non-scary, family event will include a hike, Halloween nature skits, campfires, refreshments, and games & crafts; dress for the weather!
- Reserve a seat for Aram Public Library’s Pizza & A Movie – featuring Hocus Pocus (Oct 19).
It’s an entire evening of fun at the library on Monday evening, with pizza and the Disney favorite, Hocus Pocus.
- Carve pumpkins at Big Foot Recreation’s Spooktacular Jack O Lantern Carving Fest at Pearce’s Farm Stand (Oct 17).
Register with the Big Foot Recreation District for this fun carving fest; registration includes pumpkins, carving utensils, and a fall hayride!
- RSVP for lake Lawn Resort’s live theatrical production of Dracula (Oct 24).
This live theatre performance will take audience members throughout Lake Lawn Resort, including outside! Come early for a prime rib buffet, or just come at 7 pm for the show.
- Head to Burlington on Halloween for the annual Spooky City celebration (Oct 31).
The day’s events include trick or treating, spooky crafts, a costume parade, and a free family movie!
- Attend Scare on the Square in downtown Elkhorn – with obstacle courses, costume contests & more (Oct 24).
This free family festival is for kids ages 3-12 years old, and features an obstacle course, drawing booth, costume contest, giveaways & more!
- Join Williams Bay for the annual Boo In the Bay, with two days of spooky fun (Oct 23-24).
Friday night, join Williams Bay for the Spooky Walk. Saturday features the annual pumpkin race, starting at Barrett Memorial Library.
- Drop pumpkins for fun (and prizes!) at Lake Geneva Canopy Tour’s Pumpkin Drop Fall Fest (Oct 24-25).
Participate in the pumpkin drop, a fall color photo contest, scavenger hunt & more.
- Decorate pumpkins and celebrate all things Halloween at Delavan’s Spooktacular tonight (Oct 23).
Head to Phoenix Park for this evening of family fun – pumpkin decorating, games, snacks, and a costume contest!
- Stop in Genoa City today for their Spooktacular celebration (Oct 24).
The evening’s activities include kids’ games, a haunted hayride, refreshments, and a costume contest.
- Trick or Treat on Our Street – at the Geneva Lake Museum today (Oct 25).
Try out your costume early at Geneva Lake Museum for the annual “Trick or Treat on Our Street” event.
- Dust off the running shoes for Delavan’s Skeleton Scurry at Lake Lawn Resort (Oct 31).
Come in your Halloween costume (or in regular running gear) for this annual fun run at Lake Lawn Resort.
- Put the finishing touches on the costume – Delavan’s Goblin Walk & Spook House is coming up (Oct 31).
After trick or treating, join downtown Delavan for a costume parade, followed by the Spook House at the American Legion Hall.
- Adults can have fun too – at the Hoot n Howl Beer Tasting & Art Show at Brick Street Market (Oct 29).
Enjoy a fall fashion show, art show, music, raffles, food & fun at the Delavan DBA’s event.
- Grab some friends & the kids for Ghouls Night Out in Whitewater’s uptown business district tonight (Oct 29).
Trick or treating and fun activities (scarecrow stuffing, cookie decorating, pumpkin bowling, and more) await your little ghouls in the Uptown Whitewater business district!
- Bring the kids to the Youth Halloween Party tomorrow in Whitewater for fun games & prizes (Oct 31).
Your little ones will have a blast at the Youth Halloween Party at the downtown Armory in Whitewater; admission is only a non-perishable food item for the local food pantry.
- Trick or Treat! Visit our website for your community’s trick or treat times.
The actual times vary; please check our Events Calendar or Trick or Treat graphic for exact times for your community.
Is your favorite Halloween event listed? Got another one for us to add next year? Comment below!