Here in the Lake Geneva area, we LOVE summer! The sunshine, the lake activities, the outdoor dining…we can’t get enough of summer. One of our favorite things about summer is the great festivals that happen in the communities throughout Walworth County. Each town/village has its own special event that you must attend – and we’ve gathered 15 of the best festivals happening in 2015. So grab your calendar & mark the dates, because these are 15 festivals you don’t want to miss!
For our full Events Calendar, click HERE.
- Lakefest | Delavan June 6 Come early for the Flag Day ceremony followed by a Breakfast Buffet ($7/person). Kids can enjoy free fishing (bait, tackle, & pole provided) plus games & a fun kids’ play area with inflatables, an obstacle course & bounce house! Adults will love the live music, food, wine & beer, plus community vendors.
- Paint-In | Lake Geneva June 13-14 Join us in downtown Lake Geneva for the 15th annual Lake Geneva Paint-In, featuring artist demonstrations & sales. Come see the artists work, enjoy a beautiful day in this historic beach community, and support the local arts!
- Rockfest at Phoenix Park | Delavan June 20 Head to Delavan for a day of rock at the Phoenix Park Bandshell! This annual event offers live music throughout the day plus great food & company. This year’s line-up: Audiophelia plays at 3 pm, Love Blast hits the stage at 4:15 pm, followed by Circle Switch at 5:45, and MT2 closes out the day at 7:15 pm.
- WallDogs | Delavan June 24-28 5 Days, 18 Murals, 200 Artists – This one-time event is one you do not want to miss! On June 24-28, a large “pack” of talented artists will be painting the town…literally! Visit downtown Delavan to watch this multi-day mural painting marathon. Watch their progression through the week, enjoy fun activities throughout downtown Delavan, and hit the local shops & restaurants while you’re here.
- Antique Flea Market | Elkhorn June 28, August 9, September 27 One of the largest antique flea markets around, the Elkhorn Antique Flea Market boasts over 500 dealers at each show. In addition to great deals (inside AND outside), the market offers classic festival food. Parking is free, and admission is just $5. For tips on how to get the most out of your experience, visit our “Antique Flea Market” blog post.
- Family Festival | Whitewater July 2-5 Family, friends, fun, food, fireworks…what’s not to love?! This annual festival celebrates 4th of July with an entire weekend of events – live music, carnival rides, beer tent, food vendors, and of course – fireworks on TWO nights (July 3 & 4).
- Cars Time Forgot | Delavan July 12 Classic car lovers will LOVE this car show, featuring hundreds of custom cars, stock cars, and trucks & motorcycles. Enjoy road tours, food, live music, awards, and vendors at this spectacular summer car show.
- Festival of Summer | Elkhorn July 25 This festival is all about summer fun! Enjoy a pancake breakfast, brat/burger/corn roast in the afternoon, live music, a beer tent, crafts & vendors in the square, kids’ activities (bounce house, slides, etc), plus live performances, a talent show, and morning races in the downtown square.
- Big Foot Lions Club Lobster Boil | Fontana July 25 Reids Park in Fontana fills up quickly during this annual lobster boil. Deemed “the biggest social event in Fontana,” guests come to Fontana this weekend just for the delicious lobster – and live music/entertainment, kids’ games, beer tent, and of course catching up with friends & family. The event typically sells out, so buy your tickets in advance!
- Cruisin’ Car Show | Delavan August 2 Relax on a beautiful August Sunday at Phoenix Park Bandshell during the Cruisin’ Car Show. Listen to live music by The Cruise O’Matics and Little Vito & The Torpedoes as you take in the view, check out classic cars, or just enjoy time with your family.
- Art In the Park | Lake Geneva August 8-9 Flat Iron Park will be abuzz this year as the Geneva Lakes Arts Foundation celebrates the 35th annual Art in the Park Art Fair – featuring an art exhibition with artists using all types of mediums. There’s even fun for the kids, with a kids activity area offering a fun “take home” art project.
- Venetian Fest | Lake Geneva August 19-23 Downtown Lake Geneva is THE place to be during this annual summer festival. The festival has your usual activities – beer tent, live music, food vendors, a craft fair, carnival – plus a water ski show, fireworks, and a boat parade. If nothing else – go for the fireworks! Their fireworks display is one of the best in the area, with the skies lighting up over Geneva Lake.
- Heritage Fest | Delavan August 28-30 Visit Delavan for this weekend extravaganza, celebrating Delavan’s history through live music, dance, food, and fun – and this year – a circus on August 28-29! There’s fun for the whole family and activities all day long; visit the website for more details & event information.
- Maxwell Street Days | Lake Geneva August 28-30 Soak up the sun as you shop the bargains during Maxwell Street Days in downtown Lake Geneva – sales on antiques, crafts, produce, clothing, and more! Food & refreshments are available for purchase.
- Walworth County Fair | Elkhorn September 2-7 It’s the last big hoorah of summer – the annual Walworth County Fair! Our county fair has been called the best in Wisconsin – and we like to believe that’s true! At the Walworth County Fair, you will find good old-fashioned fair fun…from carnival rides & games to animal exhibits, plus live music, bull riding, tractor pulls, and of course a day full of demolition derbies.